Energy Star HomeCollins Homes & Renovations Ltd is proud to be a registered Energy Star Home Builder
Please Note: The below information is taken from Natural Resources Canada website.
What is an ENERGY STAR® home?
A certified ENERGY STAR home meets the enhanced energy efficiency requirements of the ENERGY STAR standard, as verified by a third party energy advisor acting through a service organization. Service organizations (and the Energy Advisors they employ) are private sector organizations that are licensed by NRCan to provide energy efficiency ratings.
An ENERGY STAR® certified new home is on average 20 percent more energy efficient than a home built to code. These homes present a practical choice for homeowners looking for a new home that is energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
What sets an ENERGY STAR home apart?
It’s really the energy savings of an ENERGY STAR home that separate it from other homes on the market.
Typical features of an ENERGY STAR home include:
- Efficient heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- High-performance ENERGY STAR windows, patio doors, and skylights keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Walls and ceilings insulated beyond what is required by the building code.
- A variety of ENERGY STAR products which use less electricity by meeting strict technical specifications.
- A heat or energy recovery ventilation system (HRV or ERV) ensures your home has controlled ventilation.
Every ENERGY STAR home is:
- Constructed by trained builders who are licensed by the Government of Canada.
- Awarded an ENERGY STAR label approved by the Government of Canada.
- Issued a certificate by the Government of Canada.
For more information on ENERGY STAR homes please visit Natural Resources Canada’s website.