ENERGY STAR HOME BUILDERCollins Homes & Renovations Ltd is proud to be a registered Energy Star Home Builder
What is an ENERGY STAR® home?
An ENERGY STAR® certified new home is on average 20 percent more energy efficient than a home built to code. These homes present a practical choice for homeowners looking for a new home that is energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
What sets an ENERGY STAR home apart?
Typical features of an ENERGY STAR home include:
- Efficient heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- High-performance ENERGY STAR windows, patio doors, and skylights keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Walls and ceilings insulated beyond what is required by the building code.
- A variety of ENERGY STAR products which use less electricity by meeting strict technical specifications.
- A heat or energy recovery ventilation system (HRV or ERV) ensures your home has controlled ventilation.
Every ENERGY STAR home is:
- Constructed by trained builders who are licensed by the Government of Canada.
- Awarded an ENERGY STAR label approved by the Government of Canada.
- Issued a certificate by the Government of Canada.
For more information on ENERGY STAR homes please visit Natural Resources Canada’s website.